[sldev] "easybuild" branch, courtesy Kitware

Russell G. Wells rgwells at techno-logix.com
Sun Mar 29 08:33:25 PDT 2009

(this is not really on topic but....)

Not all distributions support 32bit version of all the libraries needed.  I
have 64bit versions of OpenSuse 11.0 and Kubuntu 8.04 installed and i have
had to manually install different 32 bit version of libraries on each system
to resolve the dependencies of the second life viewer and SLVoice. Even after
getting all the 32 bit libraries in place, I still can't hear or use the
voice feature.

What I getting at is that linux systems have a huge variety of options and
differences that can be difficult to manage.

Having said that,  getting everything consolidated under an "easybuild" using
cmake is a great idea, but should include EVERY component possible.

Russell G. Wells