[sldev] VWR-10311 Enabling lip sync by default

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:37:30 PDT 2009

Events would be helpful. The problem I had with doing lip sync with scripts
was more related to the slow actions or long lead in/out times of the facial
animations available to scripts. It took quite a bit of experimenting with
combining facial animations and timing to come up with something usable. If
there were faster responding morphs available, and if the amount of morph
applied could be controlled by scripts, I think LSL based lip sync could be
very competitive with the implementation in the viewer.
Of course being able to continue to use LSL based facial animation might be
compromised if there is no easy way to disable viewer based lip sync.