[sldev] Open issues remaining on a first release

Rob Lanphier robla at lindenlab.com
Fri May 8 14:04:43 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed that we have a list of issues to get through on
this page:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev_Viewer_Current_Cycle

We had a great conversation about this at the OSS meeting yesterday:
https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Source_Meeting/2009-05-07

Here's where we stand with the various issues:
>     *  Mm Alder's babble loop beta->default: VWR-10311
>           o Status: Awaiting patch for VWR-13260 to enable a preference
We're not sure when we'll be closing down the merge window, but almost
certainly no later than June 12, and hopefully sooner than that.  So,
we'll need a patch for VWR-13260 before then in order for this one to
make it in.

>     * easybuild: VWR-12758
>           o Status: TBD

Don't want to get too deep on this one while Brad is still out.   I'd
really like everyone to give the easybuild-2 branch a try, since that
has the http-texture changes merged in.

>     * Patch to make branding changes simpler
>           o Soliciting patches - see VWR-13295

My next chore is to get VWR-13295 cleaned up a little bit more, and take
a deeper look at the issue myself.

>     * Change branding
>           o Status: Awaiting guidance from Linden Lab
Waiting for some gears to turn on this one.  Soon we hope....

>     * Change standard font to DejaVu Sans
>           o Soliciting patches

Based on the conversation yesterday, combined with the fact that there's
a UI redesign in the works, we think it's probably not smart for us to
tackle this one just yet.  So, rather than putting something in JIRA,
we'll probably just punt on this.

>     * LLTextureFetch crash: key issue is nullification of
> mFormattedImage pointer between 2 threads. Merov on track to fix.
>           o VWR-12775: Crash in lltexturefetch just after logging in
> (DEV-30500 in LL tracker)

Merov is working on this this afternoon, and should have the workaround
checked in this afternoon.

>     * Curl crash: spurious crash, no repro steps: VWR-12952

Still need to fix this one, I think.

Rob