[sldev] would this help with increasing the apparent number oflight sources at all?

Tofu Linden tofu.linden at lindenlab.com
Thu May 14 06:32:20 PDT 2009

Right, that disables all shadow calculation.  What you end up with
is something that generally looks and performs similarly to the
Atmospheric Shaders pipeline, except that you get many many many more
lights and other lighting improvements (hooray).

n.b. though, all of the RenderDeferred stuff is extremely experimental
and subject to rapid change and breakage.  I'm talking about the
render-pipeline branch, which has long-since obsoleted the earlier
version of these changes which were known as 'shadow-draft'.