[sldev] SL OpenID authentication

Cenji Neutra cenji.neutra at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:34:42 PDT 2009

Hi all.  Does anyone know if there is public information about OpenID
authentication for SL avatars?
It appears that logins to xstreetsl.com are handled by an LL OpenID
provider located at id.secondlife.com.  Is that planned to be
available for public consumption? (does it work already?).
What exactly is the OpenID for an avatar now?

I couldn't find any information about this service on the wiki or
anywhere.  If I've missed it, apologies for the bandwidth; otherwise
I'd appreciate if a Linden could chime in with something :)

We (Apez Corp) have considered becoming an OpenID provider for SL
avatars on and off for a while, but it would be much nicer if we could
just be a consumer of LL's service.  I've seen other SL avatar OpenID
providers around in the past (don't recall who or where now).

Thanks.