[sldev] Experience so far with 2244

Matt White mwhite at leporidae.net
Wed May 13 07:14:53 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Rob Lanphier <robla at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> One watchdog-crash (i.e. a hang), which could be a lot of things.

That was me, yay! :)  It crashed right at the end of the evening; I
had been in-world for around five or six hours at the time, with all
of the bells and whistles (including shadows) running.

> How has everyone else been doing with this viewer?

I've been running the OSS builds as they're posted here, but that
brings up a question I have - is there a URL that automatically points
to the latest OSS build? (Or a way to determine what the latest build
is?)

I'm not much of a C++ dev, and would most likely cause more problems
than I fixed if I tried (haven't done C++ since college), but I'm
perfectly willing to use a test viewer as my day-to-day viewer,
provided there's a mainline viewer available to use "when it counts".
I'm a tinkerer - I like finding bugs.

I have no issues with downloading a new test viewer every day or every
couple of days, as long as my preferences are kept between reinstalls,
which the builds have been doing thus far. Waiting till a URL is
posted here works, but if there's an automated one, I can just get in
the habit of grabbing it every afternoon and banging on it for a few
hours.

--
Matt White / Bunny Halberd