[sldev] Client-side limitations when rendering lots of avatars?

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Tue May 19 13:15:10 PDT 2009

I had it at 110 a few years ago when Daryth Kennedy was doing limited
edition dragon avatar releases on the 'first buy, first get' system.
The sim that hosted the vendors would fill up to 105 avatar for an
hour or so before the event(Yes, the sim count would say somewhere
between 100 and 105 root agents in sim stats).    It *does* bring both
the simulator system, and the client system to it's knees.    Takes
great screen shots though assuming that you save them to your hard
drive and upload them later.  (upload to inventory frequently fails
under that strain)

Regards

Teravus