[sldev] Understanding the viewer event queue code

Suzy Deffeyes suzyq at pobox.com
Wed May 20 07:49:48 PDT 2009

I'm attempting to understand how the event queue in the viewer works,
specifically, creating and registering new services. I'm thankful for the
documentation in llhttpnode.h, but I'm still scratching my head a bit.

In LLHTTPRegistrar::buildAllServices(), I see all the message/* type nodes
getting registered, as well as the trusted-message one.  I *thought* all one
had to do to get something registered was to have something like this:

LLHTTPRegistration<LLMyNodeType> gHTTPServiceAlphaBeta("/alpha/beta");

So I expected (hoped?) to see the services defined in llsdappservices.cpp in
the call to buildAllServices....but i don't see them in the list being
registered.  Is there something else needed? Or some other mechanism being
used? Are they added later?

Also, is there a separate event queue opened with each child region that the
viewer is connected to?  Or is there only one with the region the agent is
in?
Thanks
Suzy