[sldev] Anyone here with OpenCV experience?

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Thu May 21 13:35:50 PDT 2009

Jan Ciger wrote:
> On the other hand, if you want to do something more complex - e.g. full
> 6DOF tracking, OpenCV is a good starting point. For example, I have the
> Minoru 3D webcam (http://www.minoru3d.com/) connected to a 3D tracker on
> Linux that allows me to track both the position and orientation in space
> - - like a 3D mouse. The tracker is made using OpenCV. However,
> calibrating that is not something for an average Joe to do ...

If you are going to consider something beyond a normal webcam, then do
take a look at this:

Head Tracking for Desktop VR Displays using the WiiRemote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

(might have been posted on this list awhile ago?)

I can just imagine head tracking like in that video but with HD displays
on each side. Major immersion!