[sldev] Anyone here with OpenCV experience?

Moriz Gupte moriz.gupte at gmail.com
Fri May 22 06:48:56 PDT 2009

*I understand that this thread is becoming long, please forgive me, but this
is so interesting and bound to lead to some really interesting results*

Right on Tigro, you raise a very important point. by noisy I did not mean...
noise in the signal..but cognitive noise (when a piece of info ceases to
have its intended meaning)...when one channel of communication is so over
utilized (in an un-natural way) that it is no longer functional because the
'actor' cease to feel in full control of the expressive medium. This is
exactly what happens with voice controlled avatar gesturing... I shut it
off...because the resulting 'Parkinson' effect (when avatar moves about
meaninglessly..) has become noise and is a distraction. In human
communication, we often have multiple synchronous and redundant channels
which serves to resolve expressive ambiguities in real time. For e.g. there
are many more ambiguities to resolve if you have access only to a sign
language... or are blind and need to use voice to express urself than if
both channels are used...