[sldev] VWR-13511 : Occasional crashes in OpenJPEG

Ann Otoole missannotoole at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 23:10:41 PDT 2009

When I want to see what the impact of faster texture load code is I just clear cache and go stand in the landing of a region called "The Gor Hub".
Last time I used the OSS compile I lasted about 5 minutes I think before it bombed out. Not even moving from the landing point. just turning in a circle.
It is like a mall on steroids in a circular arrangement so it maximizes the number of textures presented in the FOV no matter in what direction you turn.

You will see the difference. It is very noticeable

What would be neat is a test harness to log the load times and load counts in each version and calculate the differences from a percentage of time factor (test harness add time, etc.)