[sldev] VWR-13511 : Occasional crashes in OpenJPEG

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Mon May 25 04:17:51 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 11:10:41PM -0700, Ann Otoole wrote:
> When I want to see what the impact of faster texture load code is I just clear
> cache and go stand in the landing of a region called "The Gor Hub".
> Last time I used the OSS compile I lasted about 5 minutes I think before it
> bombed out. Not even moving from the landing point. just turning in a circle.

Clearing the cache only will cause you to DOWNLOAD everything
again. Of course that takes a long time.

You should find a test where all the images are already in the cache,
but not decoded yet.

Does anyone know where I can find a description of how j2k decoding
works in detail? If it is well documented, I might give it a try
to write something really fast :/.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>