[sldev] VWR-13511 : Occasional crashes in OpenJPEG

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Mon May 25 04:13:27 PDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 10:13:03PM -0700, Philippe Bossut (Merov Linden) wrote:
> - OpenJPEG calls in the viewer: Dzonatas and Robin mentioned during
> the last Hippo meeting that there was one bug in the viewer wrt the
> use of the lib that we needed to fix (at least, that's what I
> understood). I'm all for making the fix (even if we'll be bundling kdu
> with the build, some of us prefer or need to run with OpenJPEG). I'd
> appreciate if someone would provide a patch that can be applied to the
> viewer code (or Robin can actually commit something).

If you are refering to one of the two bugs that I found in openjpeg,
http://groups.google.com/group/openjpeg/browse_thread/thread/91c951104e184488
then no. This can only be *really* fixed in the openjpeg library.
It already is fixed they told me, but I stopped tracking as I am simply
using the latest SVN of openjpeg to build my viewer with.
As I said before on this list, I believe that this only happens for
corrupted images.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>

PS The other bug that I found was first reported here:
http://groups.google.com/group/openjpeg/browse_thread/thread/4683bba9660c2779
Although later this turned out to not be a 64bit problem,
but a general problem that will not be fixed until openjpeg 2.0.