[sldev] Yeah for Second Life 1.23.2 (2324)

Opensource Obscure open at autistici.org
Fri May 29 03:53:07 PDT 2009

On Fri, 29 May 2009 09:05:53 +0200, Marine Kelley <marinekelley at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Arrr gmail... Sorry Merov I answered to you only. Take 2 :
>
> hi all... Note wanting to be a party pooper but... for me textures
> frequently fall back to grey after looking away for, say, ten minutes
> (and not downloading more than what a regular, static sim has to
> offer). This is on a MacBook pro with a decent connection and 1GB
> cache. It isn't doing that on 1.22.11. Same for sculpties which fall
> back to ovoids.

I think this is currently the expected behaviour, as
http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-11420 has temporarily been
fixed with a change that makes textures stay around unless
they've been out of view for around 9 minutes (instead of
the previous 50 seconds).
Viewers from 1.24 onwards have all of this code rewritten again.
(this is basically Tofu's comment at VWR-11420)

HTH - ciao
Opensource Obscure