[sldev] Logging media plugin bugs

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Thu Nov 12 04:17:37 PST 2009

Problems I ran into so far:

* mime_types.xml could not be found/read
* SLPlugin failed to launch, possibly because
  - it's not in the expected place
  - a needed shared library could not be found (LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
* The wrong plugin name is being tried or installed
  (ie, *quicktime instead of *gstreamer).
* The plugin is writing to stdout (ie debug output)

Those should cover 99% of all failures, so it would be nice
if they were autodetected and reported.

Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>