[sldev] [LINUX, PLUGINS] Snowglobe - high load due to Media Plugins

Carlo Wood carlo at alinoe.com
Thu Nov 12 04:23:25 PST 2009

I ran into something simular while I had the plugins linked
with libcwd (which writes to stdout). The result is that
the system gets confused and the whole thing simply hangs
at 100% cpu usage, without errors or recovery.

So, my advise (to the developer investigating this) would be
to add better error detection to what is sent/received over the
pipes, and if anything out of the ordinary happens, don't
"hang" but report it as an error.

Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe.com>