[sldev] Snowglobe 1.2 RC coming soon

Tayra Dagostino tayra.dagostino at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:45:28 PST 2009

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:20:39 -0500
Nyx Linden <nyx at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> This symptom will come up if there is an error rendering the morph
> masks for the legs of some form or another. There have been a number
> of bugs that have caused this in the past (one in 1.22, one in 1.23,
> one in unreleased code).
>
> To help me hunt this down, see if the texture you are using for your
> pants has an alpha channel on it. If replacing the texture on the
> broken pants with one with an alpha channel on it (even a
> fully-opaque alpha channel) fixes the problem, I know what is
> triggering it and will be able to apply a patch to snowglobe.
> Otherwise see if the same pants produce similar effects for someone
> else (different system, different avatar), or if the effect is
> localized to your machine.

i've just done a little test before dinner

i've created a white pant with 50% full color, 50% full alpha (.png
image created with GIMP), i use it on my avatar with 100 of lengh
t (damn... no pics taken), i see white pant from top to knees, i
relogged and on feet i see the "fake skin" like in place of alpha there
is my skin, i've relogged clearing cache and all back fine.

i wear it again at lenght 100, i relogged and skin-pants back visible,
i've opened apparance and decreased lenght to 70, now alpha isn'ìt
visible, i relogged and still ok (after dinner i try to get some pics)