[sldev] Snowglobe 1.2 RC 4

Sheet Spotter sheet.spotter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 19:08:16 PST 2009

I am unable to login using the latest Windoze version of Snowglobe. There
are two problems identified in the SecondLife.log, but I suspect both
problems are related to Windoze Firewall issues.

Firstly, it claims there are DNS problems when I have no problems accessing
the internet through my normal browser.

WARNING: LLXMLRPCTransaction::Impl::process: LLXMLRPCTransaction CURL error
6: Could not resolve host: login.agni.lindenlab.com (Could not contact DNS
servers)

Secondly, the "media_plugin_webkit" is failing to load.

WARNING: LLAlertDialog::LLAlertDialog: Alert: The following Media Plugin has
failed:

    media_plugin_webkit

Please re-install the plugin or contact the vendor if you continue to
experience problems.

Normally when I install a new viewer Windoze prompts me to confirm that the
install program and the viewer should be allowed to access the internet. I
received no such prompts this time.

I tried to manually configure the Windoze Firewall, but I'm still unable to
log in.

Is the Windoze Firewall a likely cause for the "media_plugin_webkit" failing
to load?

Is there a list of the executables that need Internet access?

Sheet Spotter

  _____