[sldev] Snowglobe 1.2 RC 4

Dzonatas Sol dzonatas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 11:32:31 PST 2009

I just finished some QA/compilation-experience to build the
secondlife-bin on Debian Lenny/Squeeze AMD64. I put my notes and issues
here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Dzonatas_Sol#Snowglobe:_Debian_Lenny.2FSqueeze_AMD_64

It could be said the goal here was to view anything that stopped
compilation of secondlife-bin as a 'crasher'.

The intention is to be update to compile completely, patch, test, and
submit the patch. This is usually the most costly unless one is already
has a well prepared environment setup. It was expressed earlier on sldev
the request to compile easier, not just build the entire official static
package (for distribution).  I did not view anything that stopped the
package being built as a 'crasher'.

The package didn't need to be built since, for 'patching' and 'testing',
we can just update the binary that is already installed (or we can do a
modular install). This helps get us right down to business.