[sldev] [HELP] Using message system to get object properties

Brandon Lockaby gbrandon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 09:31:38 PST 2009

The response message is ObjectProperties.  Search the source for
_PREHASH_ObjectProperties and you see where a callback is set using
LLMessageSystem::setHandlerFuncFast.  It's
LLSelectMgr::processObjectProperties.
You can either add a line in there to call your other function, or look into
something like the patch here that would allow you to register multiple
handlers: http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-2546

But, if you only want the object name, RequestObjectPropertiesFamily and its
reply ObjectPropertiesFamily are cooler because you won't have to deselect
the object!