[sldev] New Snowglobe Test Build with media plug ins!

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at fishkill.ibm.com
Mon Oct 5 14:38:02 PDT 2009

I can't even start the program.  I get a Windows popup saying

"C:\Program Files\Snowglobe\SnowglobeTestBuild.exe
The application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect.  Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem."

Reinstalling didn't fix the problem. :-(

If I look at the System Events, there is an event from SideBySide
(whatever that is) saying "Generate Activation Context failed for
C:\Program Files\Snowglobe\SnowglobeTestBuild.exe.  Reference error
message: The operation completed successfully."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948854 says "When you run a Visual C++
executable file or DLL that contains embedded debug information, the
application does not start.  Additionally, you receive the following
error message:..."

I'm on Windows XP.

Mike