[sldev] New Snowglobe Test Build with media plug ins!

Philippe (Merov) Bossut merov at lindenlab.com
Mon Oct 5 17:04:29 PDT 2009

Hi,

Thanks for all the testing. It helps a lot. Obviously, we have a bunch of
issues here:
- IMG_DEFAULT error: as explained in another thread, the final artwork fix I
did internally was not in that build though I certainly didn't expect its
absence to be so dramatic for some (after all, it has been missing for ages
with little ill effects and I did fix the missing png and wrong textures.xml
issue). I'll get that fixes in the next build.
- audio/* mime-types: I need to check what we have by default and if we
could extend the coverage of what we support.
- media and audio UI: yeap, I went IW and verified that there are cases
where it doesn't work (thanks Yann!). Not on every media though. I started
to look at some differences in the UI code and, now that I've a reproable
case, I'm looking at a fix.

We also have to turn the new land audio panel in and look if we get the
crash rate back into reasonable land once we get the here above listed
issues fixed.

When testing this, please log bugs against Snowglobe (SNOW-<something>), not
the general viewer so that triage is easier for us. Also, since it involves
media and audio of which there are a great variety, please give SLURL where
the media/audio can be experienced. That'll help us trying to fix the
problems a lot.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
- Merov