[sldev] Client detection and official viewer signatures.

Brandon Husbands xotmid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 14:57:44 PDT 2009

Can we please get a method or something that we can detect using lsl,
libopenmv or something to detect a official viewer securely.
I know clients can spoof so it would have to be something that is like pgp
key/response etc.  But there are viewers out there that exploit thinks like
bounding boxes etc. that wreck havock with gaming systems. and rpg stuff.
It should not be too hard.. I mean wouldent LLabs want to say hey this is
the official viewer or hey this is a custom one. If not for thinks liek i
speak of but for even compatibility / featuresets.