[sldev] 1.23.5 notecard changes (SNOW-306 & VWR-15816) (was: I just sped up compile time by 4x)

Boroondas Gupte sllists at boroon.dasgupta.ch
Mon Oct 19 04:03:56 PDT 2009

malachi wrote:
> Curious as to if anyone knows how to or could please... Create a patch
> of 1.23.5 over 1.23.4.
Merov attached a patch to http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SNOW-306 .
It's for snowglobe (and already in SVN), but it might apply against the
official Viewer's sources, as well (I haven't tried). Otherwise there's
still what Techwolf extracted at http://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-15816

> [...] but seems 1.23.5 is mandatory?
Well, the actual security fix seems to be server side, so you can't
really avoid it. Though, it changes the server's behaviour and the
viewer has to compensate for that if it doesn't want to confuse the user.

> [...] it would be very nice to have a patch that shows exactly what
> has changed and where. this would allow us to quickly make the changes
> requested by LL without having to start completely over.
Starting over with what? If you make modifications to the viewer you
should be prepared to rebase them on a regular basis unless/until they
get included upstream. Except, of course, you're ready to maintain a
complete fork.

If just the rebuild time is the issue, look into using CCache. (If you
use a SVN checkout instead of the source archives, your build system
should already avoid rebuilding stuff that hasn't changed.)

I hope this helps
Boroondas