[sldev] 3rd party viewer policy post on blogs.secondlife.com

Lear Cale lear.cale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 06:39:56 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Argent Stonecutter <secret.argent at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On 2009-10-20, at 19:24, Ann Otoole wrote:
> > Why are people so worried? Is there a problem with having to
> > register like so many suggest content creators be "in good
> > standing" (registered)?
>
> People are worried about having to jump through some kind of code
> signing hoops every time they want to test a one line change.

I agree, but I believe there's a solution to this.  LL could provide a
mechanism for developers to register, so that a test client can
automatically get a temporary registration.  Trust the people, not the
software.  Someone who tests using multiple avatars would need to register
each of those avatars.

IMHO, the real problem is finding a verification mechanism that raises the
bar high enough to be worth the effort.

We need to emphasize with LL that a solution that impedes client development
is not acceptable, and help them work out a scheme that doesn't do so.

Lear