[sldev] 3rd party viewer policy post on blogs.secondlife.com

Anders Arnholm Anders at Arnholm.se
Wed Oct 21 07:52:10 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 09:39:06AM -0400, Lear Cale wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:35 AM, Robin Cornelius <robin.cornelius at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>     The closest this type of security (shared private key) has to working
>     is when the secret is embedded in security ASICs and even this is not
>     completely secure.
>
> Right -- there are really two issues here:
>
> 1) Is it technically feasible at all?

The short answer is No...

So many times have why been tried to explanined to the "Content
Creators"(*) i sometimes think it's time to requext them needing to
handeld before that cause more damage.

> Until I hear a good answer for item #1, the rest is noise.

There is a good answer on Item #1, some people refuse to accept this
as the answer is nopt what they like to hear. Then they start to find
other variants of item #1 to make an effort to make something:

(*) With content creators here i mean the small vocal group, that could
    be exemplified by the once in court case with LL for not inveting
    magic.

--
      o_   Anders Arnholm,
 o/  /\    anders at arnholm.se