[sldev] How many chars can be sent in an HTTP post?

Tateru Nino tateru.nino at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 21:07:26 PDT 2009

RFC2616 doesn't impose any particular restriction, but intermediate
software might. Last I looked, the Lab was using squid to handle...
well, quite a lot of things, including this. By default that has no
limit for request bodies, and a 20KB limit for request headers (assuming
we're talking about HTTP-out (SL to world)).

My expectation, however, is that these values are clamped somewhat
tighter than that, but I'm not really sure quite where -- I know I've
bumped into them once before, but I didn't write it down.

If nobody has the answer handy, write a test-script to progressively
increase the amount, until you get an error. That'll give you a
definitive answer, at least, at the expense of doing a bit of fiddling
to get it.

Fire wrote:
> Hi there, I read the wiki and see that an http response body is
> limited to 2048,
> but how long can our post vars be?
>
> Ie: Id like to send to the server a bunch of UUID's, just wondering
> how many I can send at a time.
>
> Please let me know!
> Thanks great SL Scripters!

> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev