[sldev] How many chars can be sent in an HTTP post?

Kelly Linden kelly at lindenlab.com
Fri Sep 11 09:14:06 PDT 2009

For HTTP-In (llRequestURL, http_request, llHTTPResponse):
The body of a POST or PUT to http_request is capped at 2048 bytes.The
headers are capped at 255 bytes
The query args and extended path (beyond the cap) are converted to headers
before they reach the sim, and thus subject to the header limit.

For HTTP-Out (llHTTPRequest, http_response):
There is no cap on the body sent out with the request.  Whatever your script
can hold as a string.
The body returned by the request is capped at 2048 bytes.

I think that covers the limits?

 - Kelly