[sldev] LL already uses squid? (Re: How many chars can...)

Dale Mahalko dmahalko at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 05:54:15 PDT 2009

Wait wait, LL is already using squid internally? And I've been asking for
organizational/school/business proxy-caching of SL for years and I've heard
nothing of this?

At the K-12 public school districts where I work, we are STILL limited to
using 3 megabit for 75 staff and some 200 student computers all at the same
time. Without organizational proxy-caching there's no way SL will ever work
in cash-strapped education classrooms.

So how long until LL finally implements squid proxy-cache support on the
client side, with Snowglobe and HTTP-texture?

- Dale Mahalko / Scalar Tardis