[sldev] Request for VWR-15310 in Snowglobe: Advanced->XUI->Save to XML doesn't set proper XML tags

Mike Monkowski monkowsk at fishkill.ibm.com
Fri Sep 18 08:14:45 PDT 2009

We expect (at least we hope) when VWR-10924 is implemented that a lot of
people will be building XUI HUDs.  The "Save to XML" function is quite
helpful for building floaters.

I can put a tag <spinner/> in my XML with no attributes so that it gets
constructed with all of the default attributes.  If I then do a "Save to
XML" I get an XML file with a spinner tag and all of the default
attributes for spinner.  I don't have to look up their names in the
documentation and type them in.

VWR-10924 contains a new "Preview XUI" function which will then allow me
to adjust the attribute values, reload the XML, and see the result.

I can imagine extending the "Save to XML" function to have an option to
save only the non-default attributes to then give me compact XML.

Mike
Mm Alder