[sldev] SL 2.0?

Maya Remblai snowfox102 at dragonkeepcreations.com
Sat Jan 9 16:19:00 PST 2010

Lance Corrimal wrote:
> "SL is catching up to BM in the visual area with SL 2.0 which will
> have global illumination (shadow), direct mesh model import and C++
> programming, it's due to release in by March."

Bout freaking time. All I care to say is, avatar alpha masking had
better be in there, or the remaining content creators will be even more
angry. Seriously, an entire YEAR to implement that, when Nyx could demo
it in-world LAST March? Sad.

But no, no binaries. It's in closed alpha according to Alexa, I think it
was. What logic there is in alpha testing themselves rather than using
their assigned alpha testing group, I do not know.

And if it was M that posted that, take it with a grain of salt. I don't
recall him ever posting anything that was entirely accurate. AOL ate his
brain. ;)

Maya, who is disillusioned with SL and is not holding her breath.