[sldev] Code refactor possible??

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:59:35 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:06 AM, Lawson English <lenglish5 at cox.net> wrote:
> Robert Martin wrote:
>> Just floating an idea for the future would it be possible to go and
>> restructure the code so that interface "tweaks" and addon features
>> could be done without doing a recompile for the main sl executeable??
>>
>> I would love for somebody to get back to the work on VWR-6199 but the
>> whole program crashing (and other problems) kind of gets in the way of
>> that
>>
>> Maybe in the 1.9 or 2.1 roadmap??
>>

> Take a look at realxtend's naali project. They've basically started
> rewriting the C++ viewer from scratch under an MIT (?) license (maybe BSD).

Naali is a Qt application, intended to be highly modular, so it can be
reskinned and repurposed very easily.

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/stylesheet-examples.html
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/designer-ui-file-format.html

It's also alpha software, so it's probably not yet ready for much more
than hobbying just yet -- but as a true open source project, where the
community is allowed commit access, that really depends on who wants
to come and participate.

Back to your scheduled programming...

Cheers,