[sldev] 64 bit on Ubuntu 9.10

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 12:34:21 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Billy Rose <billyrose at netins.net> wrote:
> Got 1.2.4 to compile and run, but a message box pops up stating that
> the webkit plugin can not load (compiled llqtwebkit myself against QT
> 4.5.2, which I also had to compile). I've also compiled all other
> dependencies, such as ELFIO, jsoncpp, etc. But the webkit seems to
> possess the most issues. Also, I've not seen this posted anywhere, but
> I tried -G "Codeblocks -Unix Makefiles" for the develop script and it
> works; creates the Code::Blocks project files with all proper
> settings. Can't get 1.3 RC to compile yet, will post further updates
> as progress is made. Question, is there an alternative to using QT and
> llqtwebkit for that plugin?

llqtwebkit works fine on 64 bit, i ship precompiled debs for debian
stable and ubuntu karmic, but these will only play nicely with the
binary if everything is in the correct location, there is a complete
set for debian but only 1.23.5 (with backported webkit -pluginAPI) on
karmic currently, no snowglobe build although its all ready to go and
all dependencies are in place for both debian and ubunty now.

How are you building llqtwebkit? are you using distro supplied qt4?
you may find this helpful, this is what quite a few of the other 64bit
builders do http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User:Robin_Cornelius/standalone_qtwebkit

I would push on with snowglobe 1.3 ( or svn trunk) as its got fixes in
it for the build wrt 1.2 and if you get any build issues ping back
here or hit the IRC channel #opensl on EFNet.

I assume you are doing a --standalone build for native 64bit ?

Robin