[opensource-dev] So you don't like the new TOS and wanna move to the OS grid?

Glen Canaday gcanaday at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 10:55:35 PDT 2010

Mmm. There are many grids, all running different server versions. All of
the web-related stuff like the concurrency, etc., is all client-side and
has nothing at all to do with OpenSim. It's web data and your client
wasn't configured to look at any other web page with that data.

In short, it looks like what you saw was something akin to a very, very
bad wireless connection. I used to have the same things in SL (ping
times near 20 sec) before I replaced my wireless card. Physics engines
don't work when you can't participate in the server frames! The
particular grid you were on could have been served from crap hardware
and connection. The upshot is that they could serve it at all, and that
you could connect... but people (like me) often tend to bite off more
than they can chew at times. You need a good machine and good
connectivity in order to serve regions - which LL has invested *oodles*
into.

--GC