[opensource-dev] Brown-bag meeting to continue dialog on TVPV

Nicholaz Beresford nicholaz at blueflash.cc
Fri Apr 9 05:38:34 PDT 2010

Re ...

 > Unfortunately one can not attend without going inworld and
 > accepting ToS/TPV in the first place.

and

 > Of course you can.  The ToS presented at login clearly states it
 > becomes effective on 4/30.  In the meantime, you continue to use the
 > service under the terms of the prior ToS which doesn't contain the
 > TPV provisions.

I won't go to the meeting, but I have to agree with  Joe's
interpretation of the TOS.

The §1 of the TOS ("By continuing to access or use Second Life after the
effective date of any such change, you agree to be bound by the modified
Terms of Service.") makes this rather clear.  And §11.2 is worded in a
similar way and IMO restates this intention.  Unlike other parts of the
TOS/TPV, I find those two reasonable clear and fair.

I.e. the way I took it (although IANAL) is that by agreeing to the new
TOS at login I merely agree I'm bound by it when accessing SL after the
effective date.

Nicholaz.