[opensource-dev] Backport of Tattoo and Alpha support to v1.23 ?

Maya Remblai snowfox102 at dragonkeepcreations.com
Wed Mar 10 21:42:02 PST 2010

Andromeda Quonset wrote:
> I'd like to see the entire alpha wearables support and feature
> removed in it's entirety.  Ever since it was introduced, AV's are
> generally invisible unless I am within 5 meters of them.  I'm more
> than a little tired of attending meetings that are nothing more than
> me, and a bunch of floating nametags that never rez.

That's a problem with your system, I'd imagine. I haven't heard that
complaint from anyone, and it's highly unlikely that all those people
were using 2.0 (and thus able to wear alpha masks) anyway. Though it IS
possible, if they were indeed using 2.0, that they were intentionally
wearing total alpha masks, which would make them invisible. But I'm
betting on graphics card issues on your end. Open a JIRA with your exact
specs, and hopefully someone can track it down. :)

And if you don't like the idea of alpha masks, you've probably never
worn a non-human avatar, or shoes. ;)

Maya