[opensource-dev] As a content creator, I would like...

Zabb65 zabb65 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 11:42:58 PDT 2010

The local script editing and local texture editing has already been
done before and were implemented in phoenix. Scripting was done by
Katharine and textures were done by Vaalith.

I believe Vaalith is waiting for mesh source code so they can begin
working on the mesh portion of that.

The caveats of this is that there is no way to sync them to existing
inventory items or to update existing assets with the new one. So you
get a local preview of the changes instantly, but you have to decide
to upload a final copy at some point, and then it goes into your
inventory. This also costs money. If there was some method of fast
temporary uploads they could be previewed by all residents within a
sim, but until that is done on the simulator side, there is no way to
provide a cohesive element of live previews for other residents in the
sim. (They see either of a broken prim/mesh/texture or the old copy
that you uploaded.)

Until there is a local disk based prim editor. I would not expect
there to be the final item.