[opensource-dev] Request for review/testing Socks 5 support for viewer-development (VWR-20801)

Robin Cornelius robin.cornelius at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 12:31:45 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Robin Cornelius
<robin.cornelius at gmail.com> wrote:
> As mentioned at Oz's OH yesterday, I would like to try to finish off
> the Socks 5 proxy work in the sprint about to start, my repository can
> be found at

--snip--

I've created a Windows test setup.exe that includes the latest version
of the VWR-20801 code, this can be found at
http://www.byteme.org.uk/downloads/Second_Life_2-1-2-0_LindenDeveloper_Setup.exe

Note, i've done a default Release build and package, so the Viewer
will install under "LindenDeveloper" and appear on your start menu as
that, the build contains only the latest (as of yesterday)
viewer-development code + my code from
https://bitbucket.org/robincornelius/viewer-development-vwr-20801.

It would be very useful to find some SL users who are having access
problems from behind a firewall and can also either get access to, or
get their network admin to set up a Socks 5 proxy server for them to
get acccess to SL via.

The Socks 5 settings can be found on the Setup tab of preferences.

Regards

Robin