[opensource-dev] Plugins/Modular architecture

Glen Canaday gcanaday at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 08:32:34 PDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 13:28 +0100, Talia Tokugawa wrote:
> Well this is taking things quite a bit further than I envisioned for
> this. What Glen is suggesting here seems more like having stuff like
> java and flash installed for a browser.

Actually, nowhere near that! That's what people on the list seem to be
thinking of. What I've been thinking of for months is far more radical.
A browser can't change out its rendering engine or parser while still
connected to the website. This could and that's the idea.

What you're talking about seems much like how Maya was set up (at least
in 7.0 when I last saw it), or at least the concept. You switched entire
menu groups depending on the task (modeling, animating, etc.). You mean
switching UI styles according to skill level. Understandable... is one
of the things I was going for.

--GC