[opensource-dev] Plugins/Modular architecture

Talia Tokugawa talia.tokugawa at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 4 09:39:15 PDT 2010

Okay so this plugin talk has got me thinking.. I tend to think visually and
wasn't sure on if this mailing list dealt with images or not so I just
blogged the idea instead.
http://www.talia-tokugawa.co.uk/snowstorm-plugin-concepts-calendar/
 <http://www.talia-tokugawa.co.uk/snowstorm-plugin-concepts-calendar/>I
intend to write a series of ideas (thinking twitter plugin is next)

And yes Glen.. Something like Maya, maybe not changing the entire interface
dependant on what your working on, But the ability to bolt bits on so to
speak and for the parts to integrate with each other. I guess more like
plugins and scripts worked in Maya rather than the task dependant views.
As you say with the renderer. It might be cool to have the main window
display SL as we know it now but be able to get something like an advanced
minimap in 2d that you could plugin as a replacement for the default
graphics engine. Something to enable people with lesser machines to still be
able to interact with the work. As the text based viewer have shown in the
past it's perfectly feasible for people to interact with SL with minimal
graphical fluff.
Tal