[opensource-dev] Blocking viewers.

Tom Grimshaw tom at streamsense.net
Wed Sep 8 15:03:15 PDT 2010

  On 08/09/2010 22:58, Celierra Darling wrote:
> there's reasons why LL doesn't trust Emerald to connect to their servers.

My issue is that none of these reasons involve the way the viewer
interacts with the LL Servers in any way. They made the decision based
on the conduct of a few idiots (and there are always idiots in open
source projects) - and not because of any real issue with the viewer itself.

If the viewer was causing server issues or was enabling content theft, I
would agree with this decision.

~T