[opensource-dev] The Plan for Snowglobe

Patnad Babii djshag at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 11 09:17:35 PDT 2010

I agree with you Dilly, what i’ve found over time, is that alot of people just prefer to skip reading, they like things visually and orally.

I’ve found a tutorial by googling quickly http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/07/16/microvolts-releases-tutorial-video/, of what i think would work best for SL’s first exprience. Something built in the viewer with animations and voice (or not) .

I know they changed orientation island recently (in the last year) i think it is a good step forward, but apparently it needs more.

Its true that the MMO based tutorial seem to be the appropriate approach for what SL is, the more guidance the better i would say and always allow people to skip part of it (if they are ready, let them just go).

I see the tutorial as some kind of a checklist, where you have the different checkpoint, like Navigation, Inventory, Clothing, Purchasing and if they are willing enought they could even try the building tutorial were they are shown the first steps of building.