[opensource-dev] Mesh?

Marine Kelley marinekelley at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 10:11:36 PDT 2010

On 25 September 2010 19:05, Ponzu <lee.ponzu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't always monitored closely, but I think I can agree with this.
>  However, it seems to me that there will and should always be TPVs, even if
> it becomes easier for non-Linden changes to get in.  For one example, the
> Restrained Life stuff might never be acceptable to Lindens for Public
> Relations or Legal issues.

That's why I never bothered asking. However I do think that if the name were
different, the regular viewer would really benefit from some of the features
of the RLV, such as sharing Windlight settings, setting the avatar rotation,
changing the clothes remotely etc.

Or even all of the restrictions like no-detach, no-IMs etc which are, after
all, only "hooks" that are in the viewer to make scripts decide whether or
not an ability can be used according to the circumstances. It really
enhances the experience and allows for products that would never have been
made otherwise. And since all the RLV features can be turned off by changing
one debug setting and relogging, there is no real additional threat from
griefers.