[opensource-dev] Mesh?

Brandon Husbands xotmid at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 10:16:56 PDT 2010

I have actually thought Windlight should be set server side.
I wanted to add that to emerald and store the sim settings on the server and
push down. But there are some windlight settings that can be used
maliciously and crash viewers.

So it was nixed.

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Marine Kelley <marinekelley at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 25 September 2010 19:05, Ponzu <lee.ponzu at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I haven't always monitored closely, but I think I can agree with this.
>>  However, it seems to me that there will and should always be TPVs, even if
>> it becomes easier for non-Linden changes to get in.  For one example, the
>> Restrained Life stuff might never be acceptable to Lindens for Public
>> Relations or Legal issues.
>>

> That's why I never bothered asking. However I do think that if the name
> were different, the regular viewer would really benefit from some of the
> features of the RLV, such as sharing Windlight settings, setting the avatar
> rotation, changing the clothes remotely etc.
>
> Or even all of the restrictions like no-detach, no-IMs etc which are, after
> all, only "hooks" that are in the viewer to make scripts decide whether or
> not an ability can be used according to the circumstances. It really
> enhances the experience and allows for products that would never have been
> made otherwise. And since all the RLV features can be turned off by changing
> one debug setting and relogging, there is no real additional threat from
> griefers.

This email is a private and confidential communication. Any use of email may
be subject to the laws and regulations of the United States. You may not
Repost, Distribute nor reproduce any content of this message.