[opensource-dev] Need Clarification on interfacing with web-based UI elements

Arrehn Oberlander arrehn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:13:27 PST 2011

I'm concerned that I haven't received a response. I've already asked this
question a few times at office hours for Lindens involved in development,
and now here. Even if the answer is "LL will not support a a stable API to
web services" at least it is some kind of answer. "LL will continue to
provide existing non-web APIs for this same data for the indefinite future"
may be an option as well, but I haven't heard this either. "We're working on
this, check back in a month" is also an answer that would be welcomed over
silence.

As a developer I'm looking for a documentation, examples, and best practice
methodology for how to customize the presentation of data LL provides via
web pages, such as web-based profiles. Specifically I'm looking for an
interface to extract at a minimum:

- Profile text
- "Real World" text
- a user's entered web URL
- birthdate info
- payment status
- partner status & partner
- "picks" data
- profile picture at its original resolution
- "real world" profile picture at its original resolution