[opensource-dev] Daily Scrum Summary - Monday, March 21

Anya Kanevsky akanevsky at productengine.com
Mon Mar 21 22:26:10 PDT 2011

 Sprint 12, ends 03.29.11 Monday, March 21 General Notes
------------------------------

   - Sprint extended until 3.29
   - MMOTD: Oz

Team Status
------------------------------
 Merov Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-1087 : viewer-autobuild2010
      - Prepping for viewer-development merge: Merge viewer-development
      (done by Oz), merge again with latest jenn_linden/viewer-vs2010, address
      comments in JIRA, fix new batch of merge snaffus on cmake files for Mac,
      build locally on Mac and Windows, local tests, build on TC on the 3
      platforms.
   - OPEN-37 : VS2010 studio fixes
      - Merged changeset provided by WolfPup in
      merov_linden/viewer-autobuild2010 as part of STORM-1087 preparation (see
      above)
   - STORM-1023 : fmod
      - Merged in merov_linden/viewer-autobuild2010 as part of STORM-1087
      preparation (see above)
   - STORM-809 : curl with c-ares
      - Made it pending on STORM-1087 (i.e. don't create hacked packages
      with the old lib layout).
   - STORM-860 : Support for VC90
      - Resolved as "Won't Finish" as we're moving directly to VS2010.
   - STORM-987 : llimage_libtest
      - Sync with viewer-development

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-1087 : viewer-autobuild2010 : fix dangling issues before massive
   merge
   - STORM-1090 : font too small : fix that regression (hint provided by
   Nicky Perian)

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Oz Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - worked on third party library wiki page
   - built 2.6.0 beta 2
   - merged viewer-development to viewer-autobuild2010
   - lots of viewer-autobuild2010 testing
      - (being a SL tourist & shopper)
   - problem with preferences?

*FUTURE*

   - probably more release process meeetings
   - look at font issue on viewer-autobuild2010

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Wolf Linden
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - out sick

*FUTURE*

   - Internal meeting. All day. Yeah.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Grumpity ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - review PO build
      - follow up on 2 issues in PO build that I can’t approve myself
   - triage
   - process for snowstorm
      - decided to extend the sprint

*FUTURE*

   - create new jira for 1016 issues
   - how should QA reject merge requested issues
   - STORM-1086 follow up - server?

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - none

Paul ProductEngine
------------------------------

   - OOO - sick

Seth ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - BUG (STORM-721) Information about resident is displayed incorrectly in
   mini-inspector if there are any resident or group SLURLs
      - Trying some text box settings tweaks to fix the incorrect SLURLs
      icons display, but it looks more like a workaround.
      - Waiting for Richard's fix of underlying problems with text extents.
   - BUG (STORM-1086) Agent's own calling card created on startup is placed
   into Friends/All folder instead of Calling Cards
      - Fixed issues found in the patch. Published updated version on the
      review board.

*FUTURE*

   - BUG (STORM-399) Users that has chatted within chat range of the user
   in-world are not added to Recent tab
      - Estimated: 1 - 2 hours
   - BUG (STORM-380) There is a little delay in sound when gesture first
   time played
      - Estimated: 8 - 10 hours

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - BUG (STORM-1065) Shared calling card is placed into Friends/All folder
      - Should it be moved to SVC project?

Vadim ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - Code review.
   - Bug STORM-1016 (Crash: ctrl-shift-w hides undocked Side Bar panels if
   almost any floater is opened):
      - Discussed with Grumpity; re-submitted my fix.

*FUTURE*

   - Code Review
   - Sprint 12 tasks

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Feeling bad, going home. Will compensate during the weekend.

 Andrey ProductEngine
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - IQA-102 passed. Reported VWR-25206, but I'm not sure it's severe
   - started testing in scope of CHOP-543, see the ticket for the test plans
   executed and issues filed.
      - Note: TPEQA have no permissions for filing defects into Chopper
      project
      - 5 issues reported

*FUTURE*

   - proceed with CHOP-543 tasks on Monday

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - Chopper permissions

Wolfpup Lowenhar
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - STORM-941 : still hunting down this one last cause of the Legacy file
   name generation.
      - Had an interesting accidental test: if someone that is not using DN
      just sends you an inventory item without talking to you the correct file
      mane is generated.
   - STORM-1087 : tested Merov's repository had one successful build run but
   getting msbuild error and out of heap space error during the build of
   secondlife-bin project again after updating to keep local copy of Merov's
   repository current.
   - Attended Open Developer OH.

*FUTURE*

   - STORM-941 : continue to hunt down this last cause of Legacy file name
   generation.
   - STORM-1087 : Run more local test with Merov's repository also find a
   way to prevent msbuild from doing a ZERO ckeck on each individual project as
   this seems to be the source of my msbuild IO error that is one reason for
   the builds to fail on my system.

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - getting VS2010 autobuild environment to work on my system better,
   Vs2005 autobuild works just fine.
   - May need to upgrade personal system(CPU, System Board, and Memory) to
   work better with autobuild system.(hopes do not have to do this as would
   prefer to not switch to 64-bit based OS plus do not have the RL funds to do
   this)

Cummere Mayo
------------------------------

*PAST*

   - worked with siana and Robin to get 2.6.1 working those that wasn't
   - tested 2.6.1 w/o the included winmm.dll unsure what exactly if anything
   it breaks
   - started putting together a blog entry with very detailed feedback about
   the 2.6 line
   - discovered VWR-25243
   - started testing the PO build. So far looks fairly good...

*FUTURE*

   - more po build testing
   - firestorm testing

*IMPEDIMENTS*

   - need to find out more about why the winmm.dll is there
   - twisted/steam hunts