[spam] Re: [sldev] Translations

Alissa Sabre alissa_sabre at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Aug 1 02:46:36 PDT 2007

> Alissa Sabre wrote:
> > This mechanism will work fine as long as it is used corectly.

> Sounds like there needs to be a new layer between dialog being exposed
> by the source code and the appearant UI that is dependent on such
> dialog.

My sentence quoted above is in a context of discussing usefulness of
gettext-like mechanisms.  I don't think just adding gettext-like
mechanisms into SL XUI requires an "additional layer."

One way to implement it is to interpret all #PCDATA content as a
gettext key, keeping the current schema, and slightly modify LLUI
codes to call gettext just before setting the content text to a just
created LLUICtrl.  (We need to rewrite XUI file entirely, however.)

Your discussion seems to be on layout adjustment issue.  I agree that
we will require an additional layer if we are to have a dynamic,
constraint based layout engine.