[sldev] Are the voice components redistributable?

Dale Glass dale at daleglass.net
Tue Aug 7 16:01:08 PDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 05:52:54PM -0400, Able Whitman wrote:
> No, they're not, apparently. Rob said the following in another thread:
>
> "> I noticed that the license file for the libraries package doesn't
> > include the license for vivoxsdk, SLVoice, or SLVoiceAgent. Can we
> > distribute these binaries or will open source clients not have voice
> > capabilities?
>
> The short answer is "no, you can't redistribute these components".  You
> can file this in PJIRA too, but I've already put something in our
> internal tracker (SL-50890)  to make sure we put a very clear notice on
> these.
Ok, and what about the other files?

alut.dll,  ortp.dll, srtp.dll, wrap_oal.dll, tntk.dll

Are all these part of Vivox and under the same terms? They don't seem to
have any clear indication of that they're made by Vivox, they might be
just something redistributable Vivox depends on.

wrap_oal.dll says it's by Creative Labs, the rest don't have any info at
all.