[sldev] A.I. & LL's No Gamble Rules

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Mon Aug 13 09:06:10 PDT 2007

Nicholaz Beresford wrote:
> Well, this line of thought makes me understand why Daniel Linden
> in one interview said they would not state any clear rules.
>
> I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something like:  If we
> drew a clear line, someone would walk up to it, piss over it and then
> tell us that he didn't cross it.

Good point.

I'm still not convinced, however, that there is no distinction that can
be made to simply exclude mere A.I. from such gamble jurisdiction. The
discovery of such distinction helps this here and helps avoid the use of
obscurity and potential piss-holes. One could argue the legality of a
gamble program based on the traveling salesman, and that would be a
headache of a court battle with currently no foreseeable end. There are
others I can think of the would make other gamble programs legit in SL,
but the best of me says, that instead of the explanation, I assert that
a distinction on A.I. is more worthwhile. It is not as simple as saying
something like "oh and A.I. is clearly excluded" for a few reasons
already pointed out under this topic.

--
Power to Change the Void