[sldev] Group IM broken in released source?

Ryan Williams (Which) rdw at lindenlab.com
Mon Aug 13 14:09:47 PDT 2007

Alissa Sabre wrote:
> However, after I noticed your mail (sorry, I didn't since I saw your
> own reply today), I tested the same thing on 1.18.0.6 source and found
> that the case is same; MacOS version has no problem, Windows version using
> manually converted solution/project files has no problem, but Windows
> version using Feep's solution/project files *has* a problem.
>
> I'm not sure how this observation is linked to message.xml that you
> pointed.  It is possible that we are talking about totally different
> issues.  (You didn't specify viewer version or platform...)

(Totally just jumping in here with no context, so I might be totally off
base here.  Check with your doctor before applying to skin, etc.)

message.xml gets copied from etc/ into indra/newview/app_settings during
a build, but sometimes VS doesn't run the custom rules that make it
happen, so message.xml doesn't get copied.  Or maybe the rules were just
lost in translation.  This particular problem was a bit of an internal
bugbear after 1.18's release.

The Mac build uses a totally different system (correctly, it's a bug
that VS doesn't work the same way), so it doesn't have the problem.

-RYaN